Tuesday, March 30, 2010

life in an extended stay hotel













On Monday, Kraig passed his welding test and was put on the night shift crew- so it looks like we will be staying here for awhile. He is working at a clean coal plant somewhere out in the boonies of southern Illinois. He is excited for this job because it has good pay and a lot of hours- everything he likes! However, that does not get him out of a little bit of sightseeing with me! We celebrated his new job at the Steak-n-Shake down the road. I love Steak-n-shake, and it is good to be back in an area that has them!
While we are looking for an apartment, we are living in the Suburban Extended Stay hotel in O'Fallon, IL. Our room has a little sitting area and a kitchenette. The sink is itty bitty, but the room is not bad at all. We get cable and internet in the room so that is more than I have had in the last 6 months!
While staying at the extended stay, we have had to hide the cat. Every day I put a "Do not disturb" sign on the door so that the maid will not come in and find the cat. I am not sure if we are allowed to have pets or not! We do let him sit on the windowsill though and look out the window. We are rebels! I do not think Baxter likes the place too much because it is small. He did find a nice place to sit though as pictured above!
This has been a really boring week for me because Kraig is working at night and then pretty much sleeping all day. Also, I cannot really go anywhere at night because my car is still filled with stuff, and I do not like to drive all of it around town! The one bright and shining spot at the hotel is the pool! Today I went swimming in the pool and sat in the hot tub while I washed our clothes in the hotel's little laundromat! I think that it is probably the best way to do laundry! :)
Hopefully, we will have an apartment by next week, and hopefully I will get a nursing job soon! Then, they can find me an apartment. I have been so spoiled!

No comments: