
(left) Paul and Shannon (right) Dupont Circle
On Saturday night I went out to dinner with Jenna from work. We went to PF Changs. A couple weeks back she was talking about how she loves this restaurant, and I said- I have been meaning to go there since I started traveling! So.. we made a date. I was not disappointed at all. It was really good. My egg drop soup was fantastic, and I would agree with her that the best thing was these chicken lettuce wraps that we had. They were really good. I really enjoyed hanging out with her. I always do this. I pretty much wait until the last minute to hang out with people- then I have so much fun and wonder why I didn't hang out with them sooner! My other regret is that we forgot to get our picture taken outside with the giant PF Changs horse! I guess I will have to come back someday, and we will have to go there again.
On Sunday morning, I took the metro to Dupont Circle and met up with Paul and Shannon at the Polo India Club. On Sundays, the restaurant turns itself into a place called "Kharma Kitchen." For 4 hours you can go inside and try Indian food without a bill for the food! You can leave as much or as little money for the meal as you want or you can volunteer in exchange for your meal. I guess what keeps people doing what's right is the idea of kharma.. hence the name.
It was actually really, really fun and all of the food was vegetarian. I actually ate it, got full from it, and even enjoyed it. I am becoming such a big girl, and Kraig would have been proud. Paul and Shannon have been trying to get me to go here with them for weeks, and I am really glad that I did. It has been really great becoming friends with them. They were so open and inclusive and I should have taken them up on hanging out more often. Saying goodbye was sad and awkward- as it always is. The beginnings and the endings are the worst part of this travel nursing thing...
No comments:
Post a Comment