(Left) Bethesday, MD on Wednesday morning
(Right) Bethesda, MD by Wednesday evening
Anyways, just 3 days after the first blizzard another one has struck the Maryland/DC area. They are referring to this one as the "Snoverkill Blizzard." Even though it is a stupid name.. I have to agree.. this snowstorm just seems a little excessive you know? One time in a week is enough. Also, guess who is scheduled to work? That's right- me.. I think Mother Nature is planning the snowstorms around my work schedule. Is that narcissistic?
This time was much better though. On my way into work on Tuesday night, I stopped at the McDonalds drive-thru because I had a coupon that was going to expire while I was stuck at the hospital. I mean the weather cannot be so bad if McDonalds is still open right? Well, I did get stuck for about a minute pulling out of their parking lot... I had to go back to work on Wednesday night and the weather was too bad in the morning to drive home. The main problem with the snow was that it was really windy and the snow was blowing really badly.
Partaaayyy!
Luckily, my night shift friends, Kim and Parrish, and I didn't have to stay at the hospital. Instead, Louise, a day shift nurse, that very much resembles my high school swim coach, Jacque Clark, has a condo about a mile away from the hospital. She let us go stay there before we had to come back and work the night shift. Her place was so nice! I wish American Mobile would put me up in something like that! She told us that there was a pool and a hot tub that we could use too.
what a classy bunch of nurses we are!
We kept joking that we were going to call in and tell them, "sorry the roads are too bad so we will just have to stay here in the jacuzzi." Ha! actually all we did was sleep and shower and then go back to work. It was nice to have a shower with some decent water pressure though! It was fun and kind of like a slumber party! In the end, we were almost late to work. Not because of the weather, but because we could not find out car in Louise's giant parking lot! It was so funny! We really were lost for about 10 minutes (we got off on the wrong floor).
Trying to find our car...
showing off our t-shirts
The best part about going to work that night was that we all got t-shirts that said "I survived the 2010 Blizzard at the NIH Clinical Center." I love free stuff, and I loved the shirt! My clinical manager also gave me a NIH lunchbox and umbrella to try and coerce me to stay on as permanent staff. She is smart.. because that is the right way to get my attention!
I made it back home on Thursday morning pretty easily AND my parking lot was still cleaned out. So... a vast improvement from the weekend!
Here are some of the snow statistics:


2 comments:
Hurricanes, earthquakes, or blizzards. Take your pick.
i guess i would have to pick blizzard! i guess i won!
Post a Comment