Anyways, on Friday we went to the "Fire and Ice" part of the festival. In the words of David, "What do we do for fun? We light ice on fire. That's how we roll in the North." I thought it was so funny! And that is exactly what we went to see. Some crazy ice carvers made a giant "ice fireplace" shaped like a guitar. It was probably 15 feet tall. They drilled holes in the side and then lit it with torches. The ice was so thick that the flames came out of a vent on the top. It was pretty cool.
Afterwards we went out to dinner. I almost cheaped out on him.. but didn't. We went to the Golden Nugget in downtown Niles. I have not been there in forever and it was pretty fun!
Here are some of the other ice sculptures that my dad and I saw on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment