It was such a great weekend! On Saturday, I went to Amanda's bachelorette party in Detroit. Amanda and I both swam distance freestyle for Grand Valley. There were tons of ex-swimmers there, a few of them I have not seen for over a couple of years. It was such a great reunion, and I am so glad that I was able to make it.
We stayed at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel right along Lake Erie across from Windsor. We had a beautiful view of Detroit out of our hotel window. Amanda started out by opening her gifts.. and we did a little early bachelorette partying. We started out the night by going to the Detroit Tigers game. Luckily, one of the girls- Lindsay- brought extra Detroit shirts for us to wear to the game. I also took my Baltimore Orioles foam finger. I figured it was orange- and tigers are orange- so maybe it would pass. We sat up high in the top row which was nice because we had a breeze. The Tigers ended up winning, and it was a really good time.
We took the People Mover back to the hotel and played some party games. The games involved hot dogs, bananas, and toilet paper rolls. I will let you use your imagination. :) There were 11 girls in all that were at the party- we all wore pink leis and plastic diamond rings that lit up. It made it more fun to all be dressed up, and it helped our party stand out and stay together. We ate dinner at a really nice restaurant in the hotel called Andiamo. The food was excellent. We spent the dinner reminiscing about the good old days.
After dinner, we took the People Mover out to a bar called O'Shilealy's. It had multiple floors and an outdoor area that reminded me of being out in the parking lot at Country Place Apartments. We had fun drinking, dancing a little, and singing. We ended the night back at the hotel with Amanda forcing Boones Farm on everyone and taking care of a lot of the bottle herself! Ha!
The whole event was so much fun and a real treat to be a part of. I did not realize how much I had missed everyone. I am glad that I will be seeing them again at the wedding in a few weeks!
Happy Bachelorette Amanda!
We stayed at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel right along Lake Erie across from Windsor. We had a beautiful view of Detroit out of our hotel window. Amanda started out by opening her gifts.. and we did a little early bachelorette partying. We started out the night by going to the Detroit Tigers game. Luckily, one of the girls- Lindsay- brought extra Detroit shirts for us to wear to the game. I also took my Baltimore Orioles foam finger. I figured it was orange- and tigers are orange- so maybe it would pass. We sat up high in the top row which was nice because we had a breeze. The Tigers ended up winning, and it was a really good time.
We took the People Mover back to the hotel and played some party games. The games involved hot dogs, bananas, and toilet paper rolls. I will let you use your imagination. :) There were 11 girls in all that were at the party- we all wore pink leis and plastic diamond rings that lit up. It made it more fun to all be dressed up, and it helped our party stand out and stay together. We ate dinner at a really nice restaurant in the hotel called Andiamo. The food was excellent. We spent the dinner reminiscing about the good old days.
After dinner, we took the People Mover out to a bar called O'Shilealy's. It had multiple floors and an outdoor area that reminded me of being out in the parking lot at Country Place Apartments. We had fun drinking, dancing a little, and singing. We ended the night back at the hotel with Amanda forcing Boones Farm on everyone and taking care of a lot of the bottle herself! Ha!
The whole event was so much fun and a real treat to be a part of. I did not realize how much I had missed everyone. I am glad that I will be seeing them again at the wedding in a few weeks!
Happy Bachelorette Amanda!
No comments:
Post a Comment