Tuesday, March 10, 2009

surfing yesterday





My dad and I headed back to go surfing today at "the inlet" as they call it down here. I rented my board at Spunky's surf shop and am pretty sure that I met Spunky himself. I definitely did not plan the right time to go surfing. I should have known better and had thought I learned my lesson in San Diego, but I guess not. Anyways, the tide was almost completely out when we got there and the water was pretty shallow a long ways out. It was really shallow in the area where I tend to wipe out! I actually scraped my elbow on the bottom and drew some blood. I am still alive, so I guess it was not enough to attract sharks! I got up once or twice on the board, but mostly just fell off a lot. I need to hone my skills again and pick a better day! No matter, the water was warm and blue, and the sky was beautiful too. I enjoyed sitting out on my board and floating alongside the other surfers. It was a great day at the beach, and I did my best. My dad was there to take pictures, but I did not give him much to work with. I did debut my new board shorts, and I must say, they are pretty sweet. My dad and I kind of match- he has bright orange shorts with Hawaiian flowers and now I have bright blue shorts with Hawaiian flowers. I guess we must be related or something! After surfing, I learned from Spunky back at the surf shop, that around a full moon the high and low tides are more extreme. good lesson! I may take another surfing lesson to get back on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surpised you don't have a tide chart tapes to the back of the front door.
Aunt B