Today was Veteran's Day, and Kraig got the day off- and can you believe it- I also had the day off. We started off the day by going to lunch with Mateo. He wanted to take us to one of his favorite restaurants in San Diego. He warned us not to eat any breakfast before we came. The restaurant that we went to was Rei do Gado. It is a brazilian barbeque restaurant. It was excellent and really fun! There was a buffet part with lots of salads, rice, potatoes, vegetables, and soup. Then there's the highlight of the restaurant. You have this wooden signaling device on your table that has a red side and a green side. Having the green side up signals to the servers that you are ready for some meat.... and boy, do they bring you tons of meat, and they serve it to you from skewers. They have cheesy chicken, pork loin, sirloin, garlic beef, ribs, sausage, and filet mignon wrapped in bacon... and they just keep bringing it to you! It all tasted really good, and the company wasn't bad either. Then when you cannot eat anymore, you turn the red side up to signal your surrender, and they stop bringing you meat. We have never been to a restaurant like this, so it was great. Also, we will be spending Thanksgiving with Mateo's family, and that should be really fun too!
After eating, we were very full and wanted to take naps; however Kraig promised me that we would go surfing. So we let our food settle and then headed for the beach. Kraig had to throw up a couple of times, but then he was ready to go! We had a great time! It is so much more fun surfing with him than by myself- we get to share our surfing victories. Anyways, I have not been for a few weeks, and I am used to smaller waves. When we went today, the waves were huge! I got up on the board once and Kraig got up a few times. I also drank about 2 gallons of ocean and took the brunt of those waves about 100 times! Okay, those are exaggerations, but I really kept being in the wrong place at the wrong time and had the giant waves break on my head like 5 times. The wave would take my board and pull me underwater with it. It was fun... but it really wore me out. Kraig took them all like a champ and had some good wipeouts himself where his board flipped him. Oh yes, this just in- I may have broken or sprained my index finger. All in all, we had a lot of fun and we are definitely going back!
After surfing we went to Coldstone Creamery which is across the street from our apartment complex. It was pretty good, except I think that Kraig still thinks we are in Mexico because he was trying to haggle with the cashier on the price of the ice cream!
3 comments:
Wha...
Did I just get bumped?
no you didn't get bumped.... i just feel like there is too much to write about for the weekend.. so I am taking my sweet old time... dont worry, I will get on it
ithink you did get bumped....
kraig
Post a Comment