Sunday, September 28, 2008
hang ten!
Today I took a surfing lesson at Mission Beach. After the lesson, I got to use the board and the wetsuit for another hour on my own! I stood up 4 times during the lesson- and two times on my own! It was great... I wonder if that means I can call myself a real surfer yet.. i hope so. Anyways, when I was on my own... I had 4 major wipe-outs. The board actually nose dived down once the wave hit it throwing me and the board in a complete flip and then it flipped me underwater! It was scary and I did loose a little bit of my nerve. I wasn't scared to drown, but I was scared to smack my neck on the sandbar! So after those.. I went for the smaller waves in the shallow water. Those were the ones I stood up on. Oh well, I kept at it.. and I am happy that I could still do it a little bit! I also got to see a wild dolphin swimming around outside of the surf! I am definitely going back to try it on my own again soon.. and I am trying to talk Kraig into going too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment