Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hello to anyone who is actually reading this! We were supposed to leave for FL tomorrow, for my first traveling nurse assignment, BUT once again, it has been prolonged. I have never heard of anyone that had such a hard time becoming a traveling nurse. For those of you who do not know,
1. My first start date was Oct. 15 in Las Vegas. What happened to that? I broke my ankle on Sept. 4. No one wants a gimp nurse working on their floor, so my contract got extended so I could start on Nov 19.
2. What happened you ask? well, my ankle was actually healed- so no, it's not that. The hospital I was going to work at, cancelled my contract about 3 weeks before I was supposed to start.
3. So, I called around to many Nevada hospitals seeing if I could get in (d/t my impressive take-charge attitude of trying to search out my own travelling assignment).
4. No one called me back, and a couple of them said that they would too. Jerks.
5. Picked a different state - even though I already have my Nevada nurse's license.
6. Interviewed and got a job in Loxahatchee, FL (near my husbands brother). Start date set to Dec. 17, pending I get my nurse's license in time.
7. Wait a week for FL to send my application packet. Can't get my fingerprints done d/t Thanksgiving holiday and the fact that it is hard as hell to get fingerprinted (unless you are a criminal). Then get my cop friend, Dan to fingerprint me. Overnight my application to FL.
8. This brings us to Dec. 10, find out there is no way that I will get my nursing license in time. Geez, not like there is a nursing shortage or anything!
9. New start date is tentatively Jan 14.
So that's what's been going on. I just quit my job (which I loved) at the hospital for the third time. There is no way, I am asking for my job back. I think three letters of resignation+goodbye aprty potluck = you are resigned! I can't swallow my pride another time. Furthermore, we have already had 3 goodbye parties which includes doing Christmas with both of our families! So as soon as my Jan start date is official, Kraig and I are going to FL anyway. He already has jobs down there waiting for him! And everyone thought it would be difficult for him and not me!
So I will keep this posted as to what is going on, if anything ever does go on! It will. Don't worry, I have come too far to give up.

No comments: